We have already had several storms hit north Wales in recent months, and there are things that everyone can do to prepare their homes for more.
- Secure loose objects such as trampolines, bins and garden furniture
- Take a visual check on your roof tiles. Are there any lose or cracked ones that need replacing? If you see any issues, report them via our Contact Centre on 0300 123 8084
- Is it worth having a few sandbags at the ready? They can be super useful in floods, particularly if you live close to a river
- Prepare a power cut kit. This includes a torch, radio, matches, candles and a list of useful numbers
- Close all external doors and windows
- Unplug non-essential electrical items as lightning can cause power surges
- Do you have enough electric and gas in your meter if you can’t go out due to bad weather?
- Have a few non-perishable items in your cupboard in case you can’t make it out of the house such as tinned food and UHT milk
Please be mindful of vulnerable neighbours during this time.