We want everyone to have a Merry and safe Christmas this year.
Here are a few tips to keep you safe this Christmas…
Things to avoid…
- Place candles near a Christmas tree or materials that can ignite easily.
- Attach decoration to lights or heaters as they can burn easily.
- Leaving cooking unattended.
- Leave Christmas tree light bulbs touch anything that can burn easily, such as paper or fabric.
- Check your Christmas lights carry the British Standard sign and replace any defective bulbs.
- Make sure that any visitors and additional family member know how to escape in an emergency.
- Test you smoke alarm every week.
- Keep candles away from children. Make sure that they are extinguished properly before you go to bed.
- Take time to check on elderly relative and neighbours as they are more at greater risk.
But most importantly… enjoy yourself!